• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TPS for 6.2l Injector Pump

erasedhammer

I WAS under the impression that a AIRTEX 5S5080 or a BWD EC3003 would fit a 6.2l IP but all the sites that I am going to are saying its only for the 6.5l.
What is the truth here? and if its not for the 6.2l, are there ANY TPS's that fits the IP on a 6.2l?

Last edited:

erasedhammer

So, you would need a late donor 5149 pump for the upper part, so might as well just find the right pump ,and a low priced original switch.

You're talking about the DB2831-5149 12550433, right? It says 170 HP... What sort of mileage decrease happens with that pump, or is it more efficient than the 6.2 DB2829 pumps?

Just checked my pump, I have the DB2829 4879.

Last edited:

beckel

The 6.2L pump does not have the cam lobe necessary to actuate the TPS. You might be able to figure out how to refrofit the lobe on the 6.2L though. The other option is to use a remote, cable actuated TPS. I used this setup quite successfully on my 6.2L pump.

erasedhammer

The 6.2L pump does not have the cam lobe necessary to actuate the TPS. You might be able to figure out how to refrofit the lobe on the 6.2L though. The other option is to use a remote, cable actuated TPS. I used this setup quite successfully on my 6.2L pump.
I'm guessing that type of TPS isn't exactly a plug and play deal? How did you wire it into the harness?

beckel

Very simple...the TPS comes unterminated. You just solder on the proper pigtail and the remote TPS cable has a clip that fits perfectly onto the kickdown cable position on the IP. The remote TPS I used was made by EZ-TCU.

erasedhammer

Very simple...the TPS comes unterminated. You just solder on the proper pigtail and the remote TPS cable has a clip that fits perfectly onto the kickdown cable position on the IP. The remote TPS I used was made by EZ-TCU.
seems like the cheapest option... two questions. I can't seem to find the proper mating connector for the military harness connector. Its a 3 pin weather pack connector but it has a specific plug outline that fits the 6.5 tps. Did you have to deal with this?

http://www.tciauto.com/tc/4l60e-4l80e-remote-tps-w-mounthtml/ is that it?
So the sensor has a cable that you doubled up onto the cutout switch? Where did you mount the device itself?

beckel

Yep, sure did. It has been a while since I bought the connector so I cant find the part number. I do recall that it was an older GM style connector for a camshaft sensor or something of the like. It is available on the internet.

The TPS link you have is the one I installed. I physically mounted the TPS to the top of the intake manifold near the doghouse. You just have to ensure it is well secured and will not move. Also, the arc of the cable needs to be minimal so that you dont get binding.

Good luck.

erasedhammer

found it... Summit Racing
PCO-5603PT
Wiring Harness Pigtail, Crankshaft Coolant Sensor, 3 Pin, GM, Replaces 12085483, Each
(Mfr. #: 5603PT)

Yeah I can find the male connectors, which are on the military harness, but since I can't cut the connector off the 6.5 TPS, I need a female connector. Have you see one?

erasedhammer

Yep, sure did. It has been a while since I bought the connector so I cant find the part number. I do recall that it was an older GM style connector for a camshaft sensor or something of the like. It is available on the internet.

The TPS link you have is the one I installed. I physically mounted the TPS to the top of the intake manifold near the doghouse. You just have to ensure it is well secured and will not move. Also, the arc of the cable needs to be minimal so that you dont get binding.

Good luck.
Do you have any pictures of your setup? The cable on that TPS looks pretty long, did you make any modifications to the it?