• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tractor pull results

crazyplowboy

I just pulled yesterday and got 244' before I broke the clevis we used to hook it up with, next time I will use low range 1 it bogged down more than expected in 2.

I'll post videos when they get sent to me.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the sled doesn't provide a lot of tongue weight, then you need to load up the bed for traction.
Of course, I know nothing about this sport.....just a thought...

scooter01922

:ditto: cranetruck. Have not yet had the pleasure of trying any sled pulling with the deuce YET. In every thread i have seen on a deuce doing this nobody has had any weight in the back. IMO a couple tons back there would give you a lot more traction. While it would be a massive PITA dropping the press in the tires would prob dramatically effect the results too.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you take a look at the "Performance" section of the TM-8000 manual, you learn how to calculate the pulling ability of the deuce and any other vehicle for that matter.
Also, smaller diameter tires will give better "gear" ratio.

atvcat33

:-Dok ill tell you this.... i have pulled my duece many times, I got my fuel pump turned about 7 or 8 times, i run a pyro, go in 2nd low ''ALWAYS'' and build up to 20 psi of boost and take off, and dont let off till the truck runs out of power, i pulled with the 9x20s too.

now 1st is too low and 3rd low is to boggy,
1 hi is to slow and 2nd hi is too boggy the 2nd low is PERFECT.

i have taken my bone stock 818 and put it strait pipe and pulled a 248, 270, and 320 today. it all matters how the sled it set up.

m818 i use low 2 as well. and hammer down. this truck grips like a mo fo. also another way of keeping all the weight on the rear axles on the 5 ton are to runs smaller tires such as the 9x20s this puts about 4000lbs more on the rear end which helps too. i dont do that becauce its not good for the t-case. it binds up, then you would need to bring equipment to swap the stuff out.

lata:-D

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I took my 818 to the truck pulls last week,I used 2nd low also. It went 200 feet but the front tires were not spinning when it lost traction in the rear.

jpcj-7

I just pulled yesterday and got 244' before I broke the clevis we used to hook it up with, next time I will use low range 1 it bogged down more than expected in 2.

I'll post videos when they get sent to me.
You beat me to it! I've been wanting to find an open truck class around here so that I could try out a deuce!
But Cordell,
nopics

Sorry had to do it! Would love to see some pics when you can.

bigelk50

Man this looks like alot of fun. I have a deuce bed on my M818, I would love to put a few tons in the back and pull till she quits!!