• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer body readied for bobbed deuce

dirtyfingernails

Finished the trailer preparation for the bobbed deuce I bought from Dave at Eastern Surplus. The truck is supposed to arrive this week sometime. This is my first attempt at painting with a compressor--man, I'll never rattle can again!! This was a snap! Sanding and scraping carc is a major drag. I wore a respirator the entire time. Anyway, I used two high lift jacks bolted together to bend out the dents in the sides. Worked great!
Steve

Attachments

dabtl

Bingo! A new idea every time I look. I have a bent brace on the M135. I figured on finding a hydraulic jack at Northern Tool to straighten it out. Why not a High Lift Jack? I know what my weekend has in store. Thanks.

dirtyfingernails

Thanks guys! I heard from Dave today. Truck is supposed to be picked up sometime late this week. Tentative delivery is Monday. I can't sleep I'm so excited. Bed is ready to go on!!

dirtyfingernails

Vinny,
It's Gillespie "383" green (CARC substitute). I got it from RAPCO in Bowie, TX. $28/gallon. I saw your name come across my desk as a new member of the FFCMVPA. Welcome! I'm the newsletter editor.
Steve

DMgunn

Suppose it's a bit late now, but have you (or anyone else) considered stretching the fenderwell openings to a size more proportional to the deuce fenders? Seems like everyone is doing this swap, but I have yet to see one that looks "right". I think it would go a long ways toward improving the look, and would be quite easy (all flat panels) and well worth the effort. Of course, the fenders would still be "off" on the horizontal plane, but that's a little more effort to fix.............

Somebody will be the first - why not you? Especially since you can't sleep anyway............

area52

Did you sand all the original tan color paint off and then primer or just rough up the tan and primer over it?

Looks good.

Head Wizard - nice looking rig there!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks