• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Bows M101 M105

4x4Cove

Hello Folks,
I am new to this site but really appreciate the info gleaned to date.
My lady and I are about to head x-country in our CUCV using an M101 for our luxury sleeping quarters. We've only used it in California to date and since it never rains and there seem to be hardly any bugs we had no need for cover. But I hear it rains on occasion betwixt here and Connecticut so I got a tarp and have been hard pressed to find a set of bows or at least angles to make some bows out of. It seems there are others looking for the same and I just found Rick in Iowa who has a stash of about 15 sets which he is selling reasonably: $75-100. As I understand it, the M105 bows can be cut down to be used on M101's. But I think he has both available. You could call him at 319-454-6421 Current Ebay auction Item number: 230357976075
All the best from the west!
Michael

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, thanks for the heads up and welcome aboard. Hope we can ride along on your trans American trip!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried Antelope Valley truck parts in Lancaster? They are close to you and reasonably priced.

4x4Cove

Hndrsonj - thank you for the lead; I was not aware of AVTP. However I just gave them a call and they have none. Nice to know of local sources though for parts.

Admiral - I am hoping that my trip will be as uneventful as possible so that I will have little to report. However, since I am running my truck primarily on vegetable oil and just hooked up a hydrogen generating system, interesting events are more of a possibility!

hole

4x4cove, welcome! Try sending WillWagner a pm, last I knew he had a set of bows and corners for a 101. He's here in socal too. Good luck on your trip.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 4 only...you'll need to find 1 more. PM me if you are interested. $25 OBO.
Welcome to SS! What part of Los Angeles are you in?

4x4Cove

Thanks for the lead Hope and I will PM you Will.
I am in Hollywood believe it or not. Not much room to store anything very big!
Looking forward to moving far to the North in the next few years.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks