• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trailer breaks with M35a2

army_nurse

ok someone take me to school on this one

when the breaks on the trailer (s) enguage behind the m35a2 the lock up completely not enguage gradually. have tried 2 different trailers as well as adjusted the breaks on both trailers the result is the same. i looked in the troubleshooting section and cant seem to find the solution to my problem. i think perhaps i need to rebuild the air pack. i am seeking wisdom from those of you who know more about this than me. thanks you in advance for all the help and God bless America

Mark

jimm1009

Could you clarify if it is a M105A1 or early A2 with one air hose or a later M105A2 or M105A2C, etc with two air hoses?
Yellow hose to yellow fitting (left side of truck)?
Thanks,

jimm1009

army_nurse

trailer

I have tried it with a m105a2, a m101a2, and a m1061a1. the results are the same each time the breaks on the trailer lock up when the breaks are pushed down.

thanks for the help

Mark

papercu

Dang, I thought you meant you had broke one!
Leave the lines disconnected and see if you have air coming out all the time. Wayne

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its the truck's system, that is causing the problem! Otherwise, it wouldn't be likely to be happening with the several trailers. To check the truck/verify that it is the problem, run a little test. With the air up to pressure in the truck, open the valve on the Service side (left side), remove the dummy glad hand, and have somebody gently apply the brake pedal, while you stand to the rear and listen. As they increase the pressure on the pedal, the volume of air escaping, should increase. If that is the case, you can further verify, by hooking a pressure gauge to an extra glad hand - the pressure should increase gradually.

If that is the case, then it would be the relay/emergency valve, on the trailers. But if you say several trailers do the same, it tends to point to the truck. Track the air lines forward on the truck, from the glad hands. You will find an air valve in there some where that meters high pressure air, to the Service side glad hand, when brakes are applied. That will be a likely candidate for service/repair.

I haven't had that EXACT problem before, but would be interested to hear what you find. Sometimes all the valve needs, is to be taken apart and cleaned. I use a silicone based lubricant and the air valves. Sometimes rust and dirt get into the valving.

Lee in Alaska

army_nurse

breaks

thanks I will look at the lines. and to correct myself. the m101a2has surge breaks so it doesn't lock up like the other 2. to long out in the sun I guess

thanks again and God bless America

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks