• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Disappeared on GL after bid confirmation

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wierd things happen in the world of GL I bid on a single axle semi van in Chambersburg and got a bid confirmation email. Went online this morning expecting an out bid or winning email and nothing. Log on and the trailer is gone. Anyone see this trailer headed out the door?

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes they just get pulled for whatever reason. Sometimes they change the lot number, although they don't usually do that after the bidding has already begun...

derby

This also happend to me a couple weeks ago.I placed a bid on a truck,and when I went to check the status of the bid(after auction ended) I could not find it,and it was not in my bid history?

azcraig

I had the same thing happen at French Camp CA. Bid conformation came but when I looked on GL they were gone.
Keep checking though. The trailers I bid on reappeared after three months.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
It is funny I saw an M1009 painted white that was on the sale I won our M1009. I found some other trailers and I am bidding on two in Aberdeen and one in Mechanicsburg hoping to get one out of the three. I saw one lube trailer like the one I got for 408.00 going for over 2K wow.

Anyone else see the goodies on this sale it is pretty good.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks like you fellas just didn't bid 'em high enough for GL's liking....... :roll:

tklm539

I was getting ready to bid on a kitchen trailer in RI which oppened on the 12th and closed on the 14th. Its no longer listed. Guess my wife gets her Christmas wish!!

coyotegray

I arranged for a preview of a Duce last week at Tinker AFB. when I got out there I looked several times but the truck was gone. When I told the GL guy I don't think he believed me but when he took a look he about flipped. The description said that it started and ran. I told him I was really interested now since it obviously drives too....!!

GL ended up taking it off the web site.. Don't know what happened to it... Stolen, borrowed..?

C.g.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The description said that it started and ran. I told him I was really interested now since it obviously drives too....!!
I got a good chuckle out of that one! Thanks for the laugh!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Here is their reply that finally arrived about this.

Dear Customer:

Thank you for your email. If a lot was previously listed on the www.govliquidation.com website, but is no longer there, than the lot was removed from that particular event. Some common reasons for removing lots from an event are as follows:

* An error was discovered in the lot description and/or photos.
* The lot was moved to another event.
* The demil code on the item was changed by the Federal Government.
* The lot was required to be returned to the Federal Government.

By using our Advanced Search engine, you may be able to locate the item again. If the lot in questions cannot be found, please email our Customer Service Department at info@govliquidation.com with as much detail as possible concerning the item(s), and we may be to locate it for you.

Warmest Regards,

Customer Service Department
Government Liquidation, LLC
DOD Surplus, LLC
15051 N. Kierland Blvd., Third Floor
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Phone: 480-367-1300
Fax: 480-367-1450

motorolanut

You forgot these three
* Employee at GL wanted that item for himself
* Employee at GL had friend who wanted the item
*GL determined that the bid was not high enough
LMMFAO...not at you of course
I have been to many Gov sales that same happended to me on items I wanted.
Either a No sale or they dissapeared the day of the auction.
Sucks I know but we are at thier Mercy

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
It really upset me because I had a confirmed bid on it and I got nothing from them in return after the confirmed bid email. So much for entering into a contract. My email stated that since I had a bid confirmation and no other outbid or withdrawn email from them I expected to be awarded the trailer....NOT according to them of course if we default we get banned they default and I get a form letter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks