• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Recovery FL to LA

goldneagle

Can anyone help me recover a 20' box trailer from North Florida and bring it to my home in Slidell, LA. I have the truck to pull it with. I just needed someone to go with me on the recovery so I don't have to do it all on my own. It will probably be Tuesday January 18, 2011. We need to leave here Monday night in order to be there Tuesday Morning. About 350 mile drive.

I was hoping some local could volunteer to help out. Attached is the picture of the trailer.

Please PM me if you can help out. Please include a contact phone #

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
that is going to be a bit tough as it it not made for highway speed

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like some kind of support equipment trailer. Without having a model number I am guessing Ron is right and you won't be towing that down the freeway.aua

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I assume you already asked Gimpy? Doesn't he go on pretty much every crazy recovery?

Looks like a Support Euipment trailer like Jim said. You won't be going fast at all.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd try to get ahold of Desert Rat! He doesn't go over 25 MFH cross country!

goldneagle

I am going to call someone tomorrow to see what they would charge to haul it here from FL. If not I will default on it. Unless someone local would like to buy it. I have $740 into it.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Problem is I have 2 weeks to get it and they only open on Tuesday mornings.
Better start Googling back roads. If you can get some weight up forward in it, she might tow better. Hard to tell without seeing the model number and knowing what it was used for.

goldneagle

Maintenance trailer, Year 1991, Mfg. GW Body Works Inc, repair box trailer, Mod # 1684 RTA, steel undercarrage wood floor, alumumin sides, 120 volt lighted interior, side out load ramps. Buyer Loads.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is not something you want to tow. It will shake apart by the time you get it home. No suspension/does it have brakes/lights? The key is, do they work? Probably the front steering is not made for speeds greater the 20 MPH. Best just to load it on a gooseneck and haul it. That is a serious trip, for something that is proven roadworthy.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you serious or is this a joke?
GE,
In 05 or 06 He went on a cross country trip and lost his high gear in the transfer case. Came back from Kentucky (I believe) with the T/C in low. He was driving a M109 towing a big trailer with a dozer on it. I'd have it towed if I were you.[thumbzup]
Jim

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Posted by Ken....

Just spoke with the rodent. He lost his T-CASE. He's stuck driving home in low range. He said he is running 23MPH in high gear.
We should get a interesting story opon his return.