• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Registration for Florida

thewams

Making a note of the info I've come across from registering my new-to-me M1101 (<2000lbs) while it's still fresh in my head. Hopefully this can save somebody some time or an extra trip to the DMV. And hopefully somebody else has updated information from registering a trailer >=2000lbs they can add to this.

Trailers under 2000lbs in Florida do not require a title, so if you've got something like an M1101/M1102, you can get it registered pretty easily. You will need:
  • A bill of sale. My printed invoice from GovPlanet worked fine.
  • A weight certificate from a certified scale, proving the trailer is under 2000lbs. On my first trip to the DMV, I mentioned the data plate declaring the curb weight, but they were adamant that I either had to have a Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin or a weight certificate to accompany the bill of sale.
A nice surprise on the 2nd and final visit; after they figured out how to add the trailer info to the VIN database, the agent offered me a choice between a normal size tag or a motorcycle tag. I don't know if that's standard or agent-specific, but worth an ask if you're interested in the smaller footprint.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Making a note of the info I've come across from registering my new-to-me M1101 (<2000lbs) while it's still fresh in my head. Hopefully this can save somebody some time or an extra trip to the DMV. And hopefully somebody else has updated information from registering a trailer >=2000lbs they can add to this.

Trailers under 2000lbs in Florida do not require a title, so if you've got something like an M1101/M1102, you can get it registered pretty easily. You will need:
  • A bill of sale. My printed invoice from GovPlanet worked fine.
  • A weight certificate from a certified scale, proving the trailer is under 2000lbs. On my first trip to the DMV, I mentioned the data plate declaring the curb weight, but they were adamant that I either had to have a Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin or a weight certificate to accompany the bill of sale.
A nice surprise on the 2nd and final visit; after they figured out how to add the trailer info to the VIN database, the agent offered me a choice between a normal size tag or a motorcycle tag. I don't know if that's standard or agent-specific, but worth an ask if you're interested in the smaller footprint.
Here in WA all need to get titled, and any trailer over 1500 lbs requires going through the scales for an actual weight. Fortunately book weight on the trailer is right about 1500 so I didn't have to do that step.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks