• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer tires

MDSA

Been working on swapping out tires from the M200A1 gen trailers I got 2 weeks ago. You may remember my son broke a 3/4 “ drive breaker bar taking off lugs. That sort of slowed things down for a bit, but Kenneth happened by and offered to weld the breaker bar. He also loaned me his monster breaker bar and the tires are all swapped out now. The weld held fine and Kenneth’s breaker bar made very short work of the stubborn lugs. But I have to say that Kenneth's weld has made my breaker bar much stronger.

I have to tell you, my son was a bit gun shy of using my breaker bar since it put him on his butt when it broke on him. So, he used Kenneth’s breaker bar and the swivel head bit him real bad about the third lug nut. He let the swivel head flop over onto the fleshy part of his palm by his thumb and the skin got pinched but good. He may never want to do anything for his Dad again. But like my Dad used to say, "Any job worth doing is worth putting a little blood into."

Did have one of the inner lugs come off with the outer lug nut. I’ve put some oil on it and will put it back on the trailer to work the oil into the threads. Should come off.

I put one set of tires on a gen trailer turned out (pic 6) and have 71” between tires whereas there is only 48” with the tires turned in (pic 7). With the tires turned out, there is a good bit of space that actually may make a decent area for a load if sides are added. Been trying to figure out what these trailers are actually good for beside tires.

By the way I do have a few 900X20's for sale and may have one trailer left for sale.

Attachments