• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tran's help

jasonjc

I'm try to install a trans in my truck that came without one so I have no reff for how it came out .
The ? I have is there a ball typ bearing that goes in the flywheel?????
The TM 361-34P show one but list the part number as that of the thowout bearing??
Their apers to be a bushing in the end of the crank is this all there is or do I need a bearing and if so does any one have the number????
Thank you for any help

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's the multifuel, it has a bronze bushing, self lubricated, 1" o.d., 3/4" i.d., 1 1/8" long.

FSN 3120-057-4506 BEARING, SLEEVE: CLUTCH PILOT 10935441 (19207)

Always better than a ball, roller or needle bearing!
Make sure it's in there and not distorted. Use very little grease before assembly!

jasonjc

That what I was hopeing for because I went ahead and put it back together that way. The TM says to put the trowout bearing in there I think they need to fix the TM.
I wander if I can send in the DA 2028-2 thats the form for "recommended changes to equipment technical publications" :)

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not send it in? Could be helpful for future deuce-owner generations, if... they still do read manuals!!! :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks