• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans Morning sickness

Old Rusty m1008

In the morning the truck wants to bang gears and slip into neutral once at least so Im resigned to the fact that the trans is going. I already dropped the pan and replaced the fluid and filter. The trans pan gasket was leaking some so I thought it would be best to just throw the filter and new fluid while I had the pan down.. My question is Ive heard of guys replacing the stock th400 with the 700R4 trans. If I were to do that would I need different driveshafts? what other transmissions would fit and work with good success? Am I better off just having the 400 rebuilt? thoughts and comments please

DieselStax

I personally would swap in a 700 if my 400 ever goes just to have the overdrive, you'd need to find a civvy truck that had the 6.2 and the 700 to get the tv cable bracket and such. And I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure the 700 is longer so you'd need a different rear driveshaft, the front should still fit

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks