• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case issues

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I went to change the oil in my transfer case due to the impending transfer to Georgia and out came a bunch of bearing parts :cry: (it drives good though), does anyone have a location and price for gaskets for the transfer case so I can tear it apart and make sure it's OK?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hndrsonj said:
Well I went to change the oil in my transfer case due to the impending transfer to Georgia and out came a bunch of bearing parts :cry: (it drives good though), does anyone have a location and price for gaskets for the transfer case so I can tear it apart and make sure it's OK?
I use Loctite/Permatex 515 or 518 to seal the housing and a few drops of 290 between shims (after assembly). Works great, no need for any paper gaskets!

Gerhard

devilman96

RE: Re: Transfer case issues

Memphis has full sets, cant remeber what I paid but it was next to nothing.... I beleive I have all of the seals listed for the TC on the parts cross, if not PM me and I will get them posted...

Rattlehead

I just went through the same thing on mine. I found a used t-case and took it apart to ck everything out and reseal it. Got the gasket kit and all output shaft seals from Boyce Equipment in Utah. The gasket kit was nothing more than all the gaskets stamped out of a single sheet of regular gasket paper. Seems like the seals were about $12 each or so. Gasket kit was somewhere around $25. Be sure to ck your endplays when done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks