• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case part needed

JDToumanian

Hello Group,
My sprag gave up the ghost, so I bought an air shift transfer case to replace it. I got a good deal because it was sold as an "untested core", however it appeared to be in like-new condition inside and out. It came in a large foam lined wooden box and had an overhaul tag from Tooele on the bottom.

But you know what they say, if it seems too good to be true...

I haven't installed it yet, but rather I wanted to test it outside the truck. All was okay except I found that it would not dis-engage the front axle. The air cylinder appeared to work... long story short, the engagement shaft that the air cylinder pushes is broken off at the threaded end where it attaches to the air piston. This allows the piston to push the fork in, engaging the front axle, but because the shaft is broken it will not retract the fork when air is disconnected.

The part I need is highlighted blue in the attached scan. It's easy to get to... the air cylinder needs to be removed and the piston taken off the shaft, then the nose piece of the transfer case removed (10 bolts), and then the shaft will pull out with the fork attached.

Does anyone have a junk (air shift) transfer case they would be willing to sell me this piece out of? I'd hate to have to buy another whole, potentially good, transfer case just to cannibalize for this one piece!

This group is the greatest. By reading and searching the archives, I've found that most of the questions I would have asked have already been answered. Thanks guys!

Regards,
Jon

Attachments

JDToumanian

Hello Group,
I ended up getting the piece from the fella I got the transfer case from... Turns out he had another transfer case that was junk, it had gotten water in it, but I pulled out the part I needed and it was fine. Thanks for the help!

Regards,
Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks