• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case question

Z71

It all happened because of a small pesky bird that somehow got inside the locked cab of my truck (with all windows closed and a hardtop). I had a towel on the passenger seat and the bird kept pecking at the threads until it picked it almost clean. Then it took the bits and built a nest from them on top of my air cleaner under the truck hood. I figured it got into the cab through the transfer case lever slot in the floor, so I stuffed a rag in there. That kept the bird out.

Yesterday I drove the truck for a while and suddenly I started losing power and the truck did not seem to be going anywhere. I was able to shift the transfer case to low and it ran fine. When I got back, I found the rag that prevented me from shifting the transfer case into high properly. After I pulled out the rag, everything worked fine. Any chance I damaged anything by driving the truck about 1 mile with incompletely shifted transfer case into high? I head no gear grinding and everything is working fine now.

3dAngus

Doubtful. If you heard anything unusual, then odds are increased.

Very doubtful. I wouldn't even worry about it.