• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfercase.....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've read through the TM's, from the operator all the way to the overhaul manual. As far as symptoms go, it pretty much says to rebuild the case if it pops out of gear, or did I miss a book that contains a more detailed diagnosis of symptoms? My linkage is good and is adjusted properly. The t-case will come out of high range by the time you get to 4th gear on acceleration. low range seems fine. As I investigated, I discovered a rope that had been tied around the t-case shifter, apparently to hold it in high range :( It doesn't come out of gear with a bang, just seems to come out of high range into neutral in between shifts (3-4th) Before I pull this thing out and get into it, is there something simple I may be missing?

btw its an airshift t-case.

Thanks,
Ed

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Transfercase.....

I have a donor 109, but I was hoping to use that T-case to convert my sprag M35 to an airshift.........

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: Transfercase.....

Blood_of_Tyrants said:
I have two transfer cases that I bought from GL. I don't know about conditioon but I'll sell them cheap. PM me.
Shipping will kill me......

jatonka

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Transfercase.....

When I priced the fork, shifting collar and high and low gear for my 5 ton transfer case, even the Memphis guy could have sold me a whole transfer case for less money. I am planning on rebuilding mine by building up the collar and shift fork . Then machining back to orig spec. If it works, and with the miles I put on a truck (low), I will be way ahead of the game. If anyone has rebuilt transfer cases for sale, and they know it is rebuilt, you should get one. The two I have bought used both come out of high range. Not a bit humorous. John Tennis

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Transfercase.....

jatonka said:
When I priced the fork, shifting collar and high and low gear for my 5 ton transfer case, even the Memphis guy could have sold me a whole transfer case for less money. I am planning on rebuilding mine by building up the collar and shift fork . Then machining back to orig spec. If it works, and with the miles I put on a truck (low), I will be way ahead of the game. If anyone has rebuilt transfer cases for sale, and they know it is rebuilt, you should get one. The two I have bought used both come out of high range. Not a bit humorous. John Tennis
Thanks, I was figuring that as well, maybe just pick up a couple more parts trucks?......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks