• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfering Deuce Registration/Tag to FL Questions

hankthetank

Hey Guys,

I am transferring an out of state registration down here to FL and wanted to know do i have to switch over my title to a FL Title before registering for a tag in Tallahassee? If so do i need the truck down here in Florida for this? Does the FL tag office need to inspect the truck (i have a M35A3).

I have also viewed thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/9197-florida-dmv-registrations.html

Thanks so much,
Mike

Dodge man

Yes. I think Florida inspects all out of state vehicles before issuing a Fla registration. They inspected mine when I moved back here. But you can call any Fla DMV office and find out. If it's too difficult to bring the vehicle her then they might accept an inspection and statement from your local sheriff. You have to ask. BTW in addition to the standard registration fees, Fla charges a fat fee ($150?) for initial registration of new vehicles or vehicles brought in from out of state. But if the vehicle is old enough (25 years?) then they don't charge it. I recently registered a '66 and registration was only something like $25. Florida ALSO charges a fat fee for a "new" tag (again something like $150 in addition to the costs of the tag) but if you can register it as an antique or some of the other specialty classes then there's no add-on fee. The TOTAL for the title transfer, taxs and tags for my '66 Jeep was only $36 and tags are $25 per year! If you have an older or specialty vehicle, former MV, former fire truck, antique, classic car, etc find a friendly tag agent and ask!

I'm not sure about getting a Fla tag on an out of state registered vehicle but I'd think not. But Fla has a LOT of residents that only live here part of the year and live out of state the rest of the year and according to most state's laws you have to register and tag your car in that state if you live there more than 30 days so maybe they do have something for people that share residency. Again I'd recommend calling one or more county tax office or the DMV.