• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission and transfer case torque arms

cjkeeliii

I read in a previous post about torque arms for the transmission and transfer case. my transfer case adapter is cracked and I am going to replace it. I have heard that the 454 set up uses torque arms between the engine the transmission and transfer case. is it possible to use the same set up on a 6.2 liter diesel or has 1 already been configured and they just did not put it on the military trucks?

NPD732

All the civillian trucks had those braces from the factory. For some reason GM didn't put them on the CUCVs. Probably cut 2 bucks off the contract price. You need the transfer case brace. Any one from an auto trans/208 setup will work. There are also 2 braces that run from the bottom of the bellhousing to 2 plates that are between the block and the motor mount perchs. They maybe the same as the 454. Best bet is to snag them from a civy 6.2. I added these to my M1031