• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Capacitor question

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So i broke a wire off my old capacitor under the cab. Got a used one off of my shelf and stuck it on. Plugged it all up correctly. The 2 lead side with 585 long wire going up towards the engine and plugged into 585 on the harness. I get a single click every 10 seconds when it runs. Alt gauge jumps and the abs light flickers with the click. Tried the other wire right next to the 585 harness. Same thing. Tried switching the neutral safety switch wires and vise versa on the harness. Same click when running. Continously does it. With it unplugged. No click and runs fine.

P2p says that the 585 long lead goes to the neutral safety switch. Without going to the black box.

Is this a bad capacitor? Or bad something or other. Or does that harness wire venture somewhere else? All grounds are good and secuee.

ABS does not work so the light is always on. Transfer case and parking brake lights and warning all act accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It did not do this with the other capacitor and i could not always shift the transfer case

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks