• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission cooler

2deuce

Has anyone used an AC radiator as a trans cooler? It would be a really large cooler. Can you cool too much? If one of these was used should it be turned off in winter or when your not towing? How much pressure does the transmission pump thru the stock cooler lines? I saw that the lines are a different size. I thought I'd use rubber tubing to do the connection, then fasten the cooler to the radiator like the aftermarket coolers, and put a valve in the line if it should be turned off in cold weather. Would it be better to put it after the radiator or bypass the radiator altogether.I'm for saving a few $ if this will work. I have the ac cooler I pulled off another truck long ago. Thanks

rnd-motorsports

I used ona a my plowtruck daily driver drove it for years never had a problem and never got trans hot always run about 100 had a gauge on it I byepassed the cooler in the rad. I would not put the shut off valve in it and would not use gas line or such for the hose use hose made for transmission fluid there is a dif. and I put the input on the lager side your parts store has barbed ends for ac use to put on the cooler so you dont have to cut tubes AND MAKE SURE YOU FLUSH OUT COOLER GOOD BEFORE YOU USE IT!!

Screamin' Metal

i used ona a my plowtruck daily driver drove it for years never had a problem and never got trans hot always run about 100 had a gauge on it i byepassed the cooler in the rad. I would not put the shut off valve in it and would not use gas line or such for the hose use hose made for transmission fluid there is a dif. And i put the input on the lager side your parts store has barbed ends for ac use to put on the cooler so you dont have to cut tubes and make sure you flush out cooler good before you use it!!

what he said!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks