• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Mechanic referral in East Bay Area please

Feros Ferio

Hi SS members. I bought my m1009 with a "rebuilt trans" The guy who rebuilt it installed the pickup tube for the trans filter wrong, installed a 3 bolt torque converter and the valve body was stiff and gummy. I personally replaced the valve body and trans filter/fluid change and Lucas no slip with a Hughes reverse manual unit. For a time...the not kicking down to 3rd/Rvs coming in intermittently went away. Well the problem is back to stay leading me to think I need have the 3rd/Rvs band replaced (basically the trans rebuilt) I purchased the correct converter from Jeff whose website sells CUCV parts.

I'm running on a very thin budget and want to get the truck back on the road for summer. Can anyone suggest a good rebuilder in the east bay (I need to be able to get there slowly in 2nd gear) or someone who does th400 rebuilds as side work? I appreciate any and all leads. Thanks!

Ryan

tourus

do it your self take your time and it will be easy get a good book and the rebuild kits and no to much $$$ really no special tools need just take time and lay out parts you will be all set.

Feros Ferio

That would be a last option but thanks for the suggestion. I'm a full-time student at the moment so not much free time. I just want the rig to be my second means of basic transportation besides my moto asap.