• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission oil foamy

RWG

I just changed the transmission on my m35a2c. After a short test drive(500 yards), I removed the trans top cover and the oil is foamy. I installed a rebuilt GL tranny and I used GL 90 with a cup of Lucas oil stabilizer. The tranny was dry when I put it in, no water. Is this OK or is this a problem?

Thanks
RG

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i would drive it more than 500 yards. get the lucas good and mixed up. not sure about the foam thing if its related to not being mixed up.

Wolf.Dose

Cold oil always is foamy after such a short drive. If the oil is still foamy after 20 miles, it should be changed. Else, forget it.
Reason: The air bubbles which the gear theet pull into the oil can not get up to the surface fast enough to disapear!
Wolf

Last edited:

wb1895

Ditto on the above posts......Drive it a little further, and see if that helps. When the oil is cold, the air bubbles have a very hard time coming to the surface. When the oil is warm there is less resistance for the bubbles to go through. NOTE: keep an open ear for strange sounds as there may be other issues not known at this time.