• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission pickup tube length.

edpdx

My 1009 seems to require more warm up before the tranny gets up and moves. The last trans oil change, i noticed the filter didn't really hang on to the pickup tube. I added an extra o-ring, and it seemed to help- but was still a little slow to build pressure on cold days.

I'm getting ready to change filter and oil. Just looked at the TM. It says the tube should be:8 PAOZZ 11862 8629526 TUBE,BENT,METALLIC. Metallic. I looked and I find metallic tubes for deep and shallow pans. I think the one I have installed is plastic though. The 8629526 part number comes back as plastic. :cookoo:

Which one is correct? If metal is specified, and plastic is what I have, it may answer some questions about poor pickup performance, and the need to add a second o-ring.

Do I need deep or shallow pan in metal or plastic?

cucvrus

My thought is the transmission is getting tired and needs a few seals replaced. I had that same problem on my Mule M1009 and it works fine now after having the transmission gone over at a transmission shop. The seals were hard and some were gone. Made a huge difference after the rebuild. Mine has a plastic pickup tube on the corner of the filter/screen also. That is not any different then a steel one other then material. It is old and needs attention. Good Luck.