• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmissions for sale

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A guy I just got some tires from has 3 good take out transmissions $150.00 each. Scrap value. He just wants them out of his yard so he can build a garage. Anyone interested in them?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can pull the top off & look down inside. Do you wana to arrange shipping or are you gonna be out this way or ???
He said he wants them gone by next week or the week after.
He showed me a kit that engineers use when they want build a bridge. Two wooden boxes filled with scale timder, etc. You build the bridge on a table so you can see how it will look and be put together, then they go out and build it across the river, gorge or whatever. It looked like it was missing only a few of the tools, like screwdrivewrs. Pretty cool!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll take them to my work, so they can be loaded with a f-lift and they can be banded down, so, it would be from Montebello, Ca, 90640. There is a Yellow frt and an ABF within a few miles of me, so both of them would be a good choice. I have a TM for them, i'll see if there's a wt prrinted in it.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No weights in the manuals, however, I found an article on swapping a GM trans for a 3053a in a 4 wheeling aritcle!
The pig is 230# dry. When banded down on a pallett, i'd say close to 300# Like I said, i'll pull the top plates and look down inside and spin the shafts. If you guys want them, PayPal me the $ for the transmissions, we can deal with the shipping later. Once I have them, i guess the shipping of them can be put off for a while.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, 130 to 230 is a big difference. Anyone Really know? I can't seem to find it in print, other than an article.

DavidB

Bridge sets are training aids .I have several sets here in WI.if someone needs one.
Was going to weigh a transmison ,got caught and told to put the scale back in bathroom.All I needed was someone to read scale while I stood on scale with tranny,might have been to much for scale anyway.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
230? maybe.. I can pick one up myself and it is very heavy, but 230 seems much. I was thinking about 150 on the 3053A. I guess we need a scale..

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A tad off topic, but Patrick, wut the hey is your avitar??? it makes me dizzy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks