• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transport needed for pallet/two items from Timntrucks in Ponchatoula, LA to anywhere closer to SC.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
Tim is picking up two pieces of track working equipment for me, basically the size of a jackhammer each. Anyone coming this way from his place or close, I live between Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC. Can meet anywhere. Or even if you are heading closer this way. Of course willing to compensate you for your time.

Thanks,
Adam

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello,
Tim is picking up two pieces of track working equipment for me, basically the size of a jackhammer each. Anyone coming this way from his place or close, I live between Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC. Can meet anywhere. Or even if you are heading closer this way. Of course willing to compensate you for your time.

Thanks,
Adam
TimNtrucks also has a large camo net and poles that was going to come this way (in no particular hurry) for me.

Same deal. I am in Charlotte and would be happy to help make transportation for all three (maybe 4) pieces to get one place or another. Happy to help with fuel / time / cost. Ferro, I would be happy to come see you or the other way around if it works out.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TimNtrucks also has a large camo net and poles that was going to come this way (in no particular hurry) for me.

Same deal. I am in Charlotte and would be happy to help make transportation for all three (maybe 4) pieces to get one place or another. Happy to help with fuel / time / cost. Ferro, I would be happy to come see you or the other way around if it works out.
Works for me, I'm about 45min/hr south of Charlotte.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
@Mullaney do you still need the net and poles delivered? I can pick it up along with @Ferroequinologist items and kill 2 birds with 1 trip.
Yes sir! Please. I don't honestly know exactly where the net and poles are.

I have stuff up from Florida for Adam (Ferro) at my place in Charlotte that came from James. Plan for that is for me to meet Adam up late in the month. He is currently on TDY.

I would gladly contribute to your fuel costs and time spent and/or meet you somewhere along the way if it makes it easier.

TIm Mullaney

Last edited:

charlesmann

I can head down the houston way on friday and grab the items for the both of you and head that way. It’ll be sat mid morning, depending how long it take to get loaded and pull in to the camden area and drop off since its just off my travel route.

Will that work for the both of you?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can head down the houston way on friday and grab the items for the both of you and head that way. It’ll be sat mid morning, depending how long it take to get loaded and pull in to the camden area and drop off since its just off my travel route.

Will that work for the both of you?
Yes sir! If you can get it that far, I can get mine and Ferroequinologist materials too. I think he has next weekend booked, but I have something to take his way the week after that.

Just let me know where you want me to be and a time. It is about 2 hours from here to Camden SC.
Figuring I can throw it into the back of my 1 ton van...

If it is somewhere that has a forklift, I can bring a trailer.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
How big is the net and poles?

My thought was to put both jackhammers and the net and pole in the bed of my dually.
Big bag of netting and two bags of poles. Everything was to have been on a single pallet. Net is 60x40, so it won't be light, but thinking it can roll from one to the other vehicle. Poles are in two bags.

That sounds like a heck of a plan!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I of course will contribute to both of your trips. Tim is correct,, I am TDY to Goose Creek weapons station moving bombs by rail 16-23rd so I can't meet Saturday, but my father might be able to meet you guys.

charlesmann

@Mullaney im assuming the 60x40 is in inches correct? If so, that’ll fit in the bed, along with the jackhammers. I can put it on my trailer of course, but it much lower than a tck bed or van floor. But it would be much easier to offload than disconnecting from my trailer and butting both vehicles and transferring the load.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
@Mullaney im assuming the 60x40 is in inches correct? If so, that’ll fit in the bed, along with the jackhammers. I can put it on my trailer of course, but it much lower than a tck bed or van floor. But it would be much easier to offload than disconnecting from my trailer and butting both vehicles and transferring the load.
No sir. Supposedly 60 feet x 40 feet. I can't find the picture, but it is more fluff than anything.

I have visions of your Dually being taller than my van. Figure some sort of ramp from around here down and into the back of my vehicle. I don't plan on having to work too hard to move it. I can't swear to it, but the netting is supposed to be in a big bag. I have a picture here somewhere...

charlesmann

No sir. Supposedly 60 feet x 40 feet. I can't find the picture, but it is more fluff than anything.

I have visions of your Dually being taller than my van. Figure some sort of ramp from around here down and into the back of my vehicle. I don't plan on having to work too hard to move it. I can't swear to it, but the netting is supposed to be in a big bag. I have a picture here somewhere...

Copy. When i asked for size, i was talking about its palletized or rolled up size.

When i was in artillery, we used 4 hexes and 3 diamonds. We would roll it up, then fold it it till it was pretty much centered, wrap it with the cover bag. 4 of us would lift onto the eng deck of the m109, then throw it onto the turret.

I will have 2x6s with me to shore up the tck to get it slightly taller than the pipe rails on my trailer.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Copy. When i asked for size, i was talking about its palletized or rolled up size.

When i was in artillery, we used 4 hexes and 3 diamonds. We would roll it up, then fold it it till it was pretty much centered, wrap it with the cover bag. 4 of us would lift onto the eng deck of the m109, then throw it onto the turret.

I will have 2x6s with me to shore up the tck to get it slightly taller than the pipe rails on my trailer.
Okay. Got it. According to T&T, it was going onto a standard 48x53 pallet. (I think)

Supposedly all three "containers" fit on one pallet. I also seem to remember that the poles would barely fit that size pallet. OR they were just a little too long and I honestly don't remember.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks