• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transporting 2 M105 trailer question

nickd

i expect my EUC to be approved sometime this month. I wound up winning 2 M105 trailers at Ft Dix. i will run up there with the deuce but rather than make 2 trips or put one of them in the bed I would rather stack the trailers. Anyone ever pulled one with another in the bed? Will trailer 2 fit inside the bed? I will have the required rigging and strapping means if it will fit. Since I will have 2 of them does any one need any parts as I will be parting one or both out depending how badly they have been violated by the tiime I get them.

chevycrew

Im curious as how you will stack these. As far as one inside the bed of the other one, that doesnt seem possible to me. They are the same size.

Possibly you could use some stakes in the pockets for the bows, to hold the top one upside down on the bottom one and strap them together.

Personally, I would take a flatdeck and haul them both behind a pickup, or load one into the deuce and tow the other.

The stacking seems to create a very high, unstable center of gravity.

sprucemt

Am I missing something here? One in the truck and one behind the truck. Put the one in the truck tounge facing toward the rear. When you get home tie the tounge to a stout unmovable object. Put truck in forward gear, step on the fuel, release clutch, drive like heck and I can pretty much quarantee the trailer will be on the ground where it belongs.

sprucemt

I quess thats the problem with sgts and sgt maj's telling a colonel how to do something.

I forgot to say, put the future parts donor trailer on the truck. Half the job will be done when it hits the ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks