• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trigger warning! Fluid question

Zach_M1078A1

Sorry, never post about fluid folks.
Has anybody ever gotten away with using T4 in their 3070 Allison transmission? I realize this is not the ideal choice, but I have a very large quantity already and I am a little tight right now as far as money and I’m trying to keep cost down but not at the cost of hurting the transmission

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't.

The military currently uses 15w40 in trucks that were shipped with it. Newer trucks are shipping with ATF (these are all Allison 3700SP transmissions not the older 3070SP) and the Army is servicing these with synthetic Dex IV. From what I can tell the Toyota T-IV is only equivalent to a Dex III spec.

I would leave it 15w40 or switch it to Dex VI or Allison fluid. These transmissions are over 1000 lbs of wallet wrecking aluminum and steel. Don't mistreat them - they are considered one of the most reliable parts of these trucks if you care for them properly. That definitely starts with fluid.

I run synthetic Dex VI in my 3700SP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks