• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trip to TX from AZ in M925A2

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:driver:
On Monday 3/18 my wife and I are headed to TX from Tonopah, AZ with a M925A2. It is going to be a about a 1100 mile trip. The weather is looking like it may be good for the trip.

I have been storing the M925A2 for GIJoeCzar and will be taking it to him in San Antonio, TX.

My butt is already hurting!!!:roll:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it is going to be a long one. But I have been in training with all the recoveries we have doing.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure to take care of any squeaks (besides the usual pretrip inspection) inside the cab. Those will drive you nuts on a long trip. I took my truck on a long road trip and any bump I hit the drivers seat would squeak, it drove me nut's. If you compound that with any other variables like bad weather or lack of sleep it will make for a miserable trip. Best to check for the small stuff that might seem insignificant on a short trip and take care of it before you leave. Good luck on your trip.

Artisan

You penned;
"My butt is already hurting!!!:roll:"

You can pick up a couple of these at BedBathandBeyound for $20 EA.

They fit perfectly in my M925A1

2 Thumbs Up from ME!

24189440791692P_600.jpg

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be here to purchase all your trucks when you return, as you will not ever want to see a military vehicle again after that. :)

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We stayed in Las Cruces, NM last night and we made it to Sonora, TX tonight. About 180 mile to SA, TX, Yea!!!
Getting about 9 mpg and tires doing good so far. Running about 55 mph at 1800 rpm.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We made it to Tx ok!!!!:jumpin:

Joe liked the truck,

No tire, bearing, motor, etc. probelms.
Truck ran great. Ran about 55-60 mph, at 1800-2000 rpm.
Got about 8.75 mpg for the 1100 miles.
Also did very well on all the hills.
It was a long trip, but not to bad. My body does feels it today,:driver:
Will post some pics when I can.

droprat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Las Cruces

I live in Las Cruces and will be around this weekend if u are going back through here and need something or jus to stop by! Parting out a 931 too if u need parts!

searls84 lives down the road from me, he sells tires and wheels.

We made it to Tx ok!!!!:jumpin:

Joe liked the truck,

No tire, bearing, motor, etc. probelms.
Truck ran great. Ran about 55-60 mph, at 1800-2000 rpm.
Got about 8.75 mpg for the 1100 miles.
Also did very well on all the hills.
It was a long trip, but not to bad. My body does feels it today,:driver:
Will post some pics when I can.

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks!!
I forgot my cable so I can not down load any pics, will load them when I get back home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks