• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troop seat question?

citizensoldier

I purchased a deuce last month that had a new set of troop seats on the floor in the back. When I went to install them they are to short? They measure 10' 8" outside post to outside?? I thought maybe a 5 ton dumper so I measured my 5 ton and they are a different length and set up.. What does a deuce dumper measure? Anyone have this info? If we can find what they fit they will probably be for sale. They are brand new fiberglass with a front , side uprights and troop seats attached..

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FMTV troop seats are made of AL, and have actual seats. They dont look anything like the troop seats we are familiar with..

I'll also bet that you have 5 ton cargo troopseats.... That seems to be what everyone has.

ah haaa! . . . a XLWB 5-ton. (i.e. M55, M55A1, M55A2, M814, M927, M928) That might be it.

Bed length (inside dimension) is shown at 244" , . . . plus the front of the bed is another 2-3"? . . . , but then there is a visible gap between the front and rear seat sections, so subtract an inch or two back off . . . . then take half of that . . . I coming up with around 10' 2" or so. Still not at 10' 8" that Lane measured. hmmm . . .

Attachments

jwaller

yes they come up all the time. I personally dont like them for everyday use bc they are so long. I really couldnt use them. if you have a big load to haul it would be perfect though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks