• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

troop seats and bows for M813A1?

03silverado

Two questions first will the troop seats from a deuce work on an M813A1, second if not how much do they generally cost including the headache rack and 2 foot sections? :lost:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The standard deuce rack with the 2 foot sections you mentioned. Headache rack is different.

Fiberglass racks from the right person will be 300 for a 5 ton for all racks. There are some racks I've seen that are one piece.

Keep in mind that it can also be an assembly 'thing'. If the fiberglass slates are ordered in long lengths by a general support facility, it is CONCEIVABLE they did it as a one piece.

Are you going to the NJ Show or Aberdeen?

03silverado

Yeah carnac I do plan on going to the aberdeen show my buddy powerhouse deuce told me about it so im darn near positive ill be there and thank you for the info

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased brand new Deuce fiberglass/steel troop seats, headache racks and a head rack from Stephan Wood Products truck and trailer parts aftermarket accessories
They are an official mfg'r for the government, so what they sell is genuine stuff and it is brand new. They are very nice folks and are willing to deal straight with the public. They are located in Grayling, MI. Yes, they do ship by motor freight both assembled and disassembled. I have attached their July 2010 price list. I would contact them to see if there are any price increases.

Yes, troop seats and headache racks for M813A1 dropside bed are the same 12' sections used on the Deuce. The headrack is different. And the side gates do not exist on the Deuce.

I researched my -20P (Fig. 288 ) and these should be your part numbers (I am assuming your truck is a dropside bed judging by the avatar)...

11611612 X 1: Headrack $220
10837880 X 2: Headache (side) Racks $158
7370383 X 2: Troop seats $190
11611598 X 2: Small Side Gates $70

Here's the link to my project...
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/57632-818-gets-brand-new-racks-troop-seats.html

Hope this helps you out.

Attachments

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
WOW, where is the grabbed by the gonads emotioncon when you need it. $640 plus shipping! WOW!

Gee then getting them from the right person might be 500.

Just kidding.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, where is the grabbed by the gonads emotioncon when you need it. $640 plus shipping! WOW!

Gee then getting them from the right person might be 500.

Just kidding.
Yeah, they are bit pricey. Sometimes I resign myself to paying the premium for the sake of convenience. I searched around for used/NOS sets out my way to no avail and after looking, forlornly, over my wooden set and much deliberation, I decided to take the plunge a buy a NIB set.

Purchasing and cutting all new wood, sanding, sandblasting, priming, painting, etc...I would have expended more time and money then going the new route. Time is more precious than money to me right now. Plus, the great customer service from a small American business made it all the worth while.

Also, did I mention you can buy just the composite slats pre-painted and install them on the existing steel parts, if you have them. Also, you can pick them directly at their dock (save shipping).

03silverado

Thank you for the price list and I understand if you don't have the time but do have the money then those people are the way to go unfortunately im in the opposite boat I've got some time but not enough moola:grd:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Again, let me know if I need to bring a set with me to Aberdeen or possibly the NJ Show if you're able to get them.

03silverado

Still looking for the headache rack, 2 foot sections, troop seats, and bows for my M813A1 5 ton dropside cargo truck im really interested in fiberglass ones if any one has them please let me know thanks Michael

03silverado

Alrighty the 2 foot prices will work but the deuce headache rack will not they are too tall if you find the 2 foot pieces takes some pics if you can and let me know what you want for them. Thanks Michael

Amer-team

Too tall can be taken care of with a sawsall, if the price is right. I have a 14 ft. dropside and had a heck of a time, but managed to put all the racks and bows together from parts. Had to go through 4 2 ft. sections to find 2 that work and then had to tune one of them up.