• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

troop seats question

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
my truck isnt near to me right now or i would just go look for myself. can anybody tell me if the slats for the seats have the same holes as the slats for the back rest/ top slats?? i have the chance to get 2 really nice sets of seats but no backs and i was thinking of taking one set of seats and using it for the top slats if it will fit

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda don't understand. If you have troop seats now...wood or glass, the holes will be in the same place regardless. If you are asking if glass will fit where wood is, Yes. Same dimensions and the holes will be the same unless it's from a 5 ton, then they are way off but you can drill the holes needed and fill the ones you don't need with resin or whatever.
HTH, Will

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
im only getting the seats, not the whole rack set up. i was wondering if i should buy the second set of seats to use for the top slats on the rack. if the seat slats will work for the back rest/top slats im going to buy the second set of seats and take them apart and use the wood for the top slats

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gotta have the rack part for the seats to be there and work. The part you put your butt on is attached to the rack part.

Jones

OK, here goes... hope I understand your question correctly.
In my pile o' parts, I have side racks with wood slats and the top slat attaches with FOUR bolts, to a plate at the top of each upright post. The seat slats attach with TWO bolts that go through the seat support at each position (no plate). I have side racks with extruded aluminum slats and the top slat attaches with TWO bolts that go through the upright post with NO attaching plate. As with the wooden seat slats, the extruded aluminum seat slats are also attached with TWO bolts through each seat support.
Was that the answer you were looking for?

JDToumanian

Jones is correct - the top rails / back rests have different holes than the seat parts, but the wood is the same overall length. I had the opposite problem.... My troop seats were rotten and I had access to piles of new top rail sections. I bought enough to do the whole truck - Then I sanded and plugged unneeded holes with dowel and drilled new ones in the correct places. I also cut pieces for the headache rack. After sanding, priming and painting, you can't tell the difference.

Jon

sprucemt

troop seats

MUDLORD said:
maybe im a little slow today, but i dont think i know what 24p is????
Mark was refering to the manual. The data is in the manual otherwise known as the TM, that would be listed under technical manuals on this site.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
JDToumanian said:
Jones is correct - the top rails / back rests have different holes than the seat parts, but the wood is the same overall length. I had the opposite problem.... My troop seats were rotten and I had access to piles of new top rail sections. I bought enough to do the whole truck - Then I sanded and plugged unneeded holes with dowel and drilled new ones in the correct places. I also cut pieces for the headache rack. After sanding, priming and painting, you can't tell the difference.

Jon
this is the answer i was trying to get. thanks jd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks