• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trouble titling my Deuce in KY

Jakob

I bought my Deuce in Gerogia from a private party with a BoS. He got the truck in trade from another guy and only recieved a BoS for the truck then. The guy I bought it from never had it titled and hadn't been titled as far as he knew. Well, I'm now on the mission to get the truck titled and having some problems. The DMV in Frankfort says I need to have something from GA saying it was never titled there, a copy of the registration (this didn't even make sense to the DMV clerk) and the BoS.

Researching this on the internet has failed to reveal any information...

papercu

tag

a copy of the registration
Shouldn't be a big deal IF the truck ever had a tag in GA. Georgia is a no-title state for older cars and trucks, you just need a tag receipt (registration) and the bill of sale.
See if the seller has a tag receipt or will get you one, it's a ten or 20 dollar fee for a new tag. Wayne

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: tag

A notarized bill of sale was all I needed to get a title here in Ohio when I got my truck from Ga. Is your BOS notarized? Try another dmv, that made all the differance for me.

Jakob

Re: RE: tag

gimpyrobb said:
A notarized bill of sale was all I needed to get a title here in Ohio when I got my truck from Ga. Is your BOS notarized? Try another dmv, that made all the differance for me.
It's not notarized, but I can have it done. What all information did yours have on it?
Per dmv.org :
* The name, address, and signature of the previous owner

* The name and address of the new owner

* The year, make, and vehicle identification number (VIN) of the vehicle

* The date of sale

* The signature of a notary public

The BoS already has all that information except the notary. A lady just down the street has a notary stamp. I've got current insurance on the truck as well. I thought no title was needed for vehicles over 30 years old? I didn't need a title when I bought my 67 Cutlass.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: tag

I will pm you a copy of what mine says tonight. I think it might need a Ga notary, to verify the seller. I don't know about Ky, but here in Ohio, because Ga didn't need titles over a certain age, all I needed was an out of state vin check and the notarized BOS.