• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck delivery in Va./Md./WV./Pa. areas.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have been considering purchasing a deuce for a while, and I wanted to get my ducks in a row incase I need to have it delivered via truck. Has anyone used any truckers in general Va./Md./Wv./Pa. area that they would suggest? Or does anyone out there consider the idea of towing someone elses deuce home like a fun thing to waste a day doing? What sort of truck delivery prices have people gotten, and how far was that for.
Thanks,
Ethan

jasonjc

I use a wrecker sevice when I need one hualed (if I can't con my buddy into hauling it whit his ram2500) They chage $3.50 a mile plus load/unload time.
and they make all the time aragment with GL I just fax them the invoice and a few day later the big truck shows up at the front door. But the last 4 truck I got didn't run BIG pices missing. I just wire abut the what if's towing one myshelf.
they use a 48' roll back type trailer and can haul two at a time for the same $ and has big winch

ah1955

Truck delivery in Va./Md./WV./Pa. areas

I used a trucking co. that is located in Shippensburg, Pa. which is about 10 mile from the Chambersburg,Pa. site and about 30 mile from the Mechanicsburg, Pa. site.
They also do have traffic that does get them in the Balt. Md. area and down into the Norfolk, Va. area.
They have flatbed, stepdeck, and detach lowboy trailers, would need a dock or an easy to get to dirt bank to back in to to unload a flat or step deck there would be extra charge for the detach lowboy (speical equpt.)
As much planning at pick up that you can do to get them in and out fast would help(make sure there would be dock you can use, if the truck won't start will equpt. be avalable to push up an trl., If you could be at pick up to help keep things going.)
One advantage of hauling is no wheels on the ground is less to worry about(flat or blown tires, smoking a wheel bearing all could be a problem even on a hook.
Can't really say what cost would be, I got a speical rate becouse I used to drive for them and know the V.P. of Operations so was like calling old friend.
I can give you there number if you would want or pm me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks