• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck shift erratically forward and reverse is out

87humvee

New to the forum and I have a question . 3 speed trans

I have owned my truck for about 4 months with no issues. today I cranked her up and the truck hesitated while moving. it will go forward but wants to downshift at higher speeds. when I try reverse it moves an inch and then nothing .
Trans fluid level is normal and doesn't have a burnt smell. I pulled the little side cover off on drivers side of radiator shroud and the trans cooler line was really hot.

any vacuum lines?
Transmission toast?

Thank you

parklandtrans

If all linkage is ok, then you probably have an internal trans problem. In reverse it sounds like two elements are applied at same time. More then likely the forward clutches are welded together....sorry my SS brother for bad news..:x

87humvee

If all linkage is ok, then you probably have an internal trans problem. In reverse it sounds like two elements are applied at same time. More then likely the forward clutches are welded together....sorry my SS brother for bad news..:x
i wonder why it would do this "all of a sudden"