• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

truck with former ring mount installation

jimm1009

Hello,

My truck from Uncle Sam had the sunroof and the u-bolts for the rear legs as remnants of the ring mount.
My question is this. Are the plates (2 each) attached to the rear exterior of the cab vertical wall part of the ring mount kit or are all m35 truck equipped with these parts?
I do have the MWO for the two seat belt installation with the braces on the inside but I do not have the stiffener that is normally riveted in place on the inside of the rear vertical wall.
Has anyone ever removed them and placed cover plates over them to cover the holes for the u-bolts? There are four sets of holes on the left side and four sets on the right side and it would be nice to remove the plates and eliminate another set of rain leaks too.
I plan on removing all traces of the ring mount and patching the steel roof too but have to find two steel ribs for the interior roof panel to complete the job and make it structurally sound.

Jim

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The plates that I think you are talking about are on the back of every cab. They are also used for mounting the convoy warning light and the pole-mount for an antenna. I think my truck just had some short nuts and bolts installed in the holes left vacant by the u-bolts.

You could always just buy another ring mount kit :D

jimm1009

truck with form ring mount installation

AR AR Chris,

I could buy two trucks for the cost of ring mount without a truck attached to it!

Ha Ha

Seriously though, I guess they are standard with all trucks for other applications.

The light kit never dawned on me. I guess that was because I was a helicopter mechanic rather than a truck mechanic / operator. Knowlege and usage was very limited while in the military. I learned more the past year (about our trucks) than I could have in 5 years in the military.
I will removed mine and make a thin shim to go between the mounting plates (fittings) and then reinstall them with a good quality sealant to reduce one way for mother nature to stay out.
Thanks for your reply.
Think O.D. Green!
Jim in Louisiana

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks