• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trucks all mixed up

blacktop_one

I went to Fort Sam Houston today to look at the trucks and found that nothing on the ground matched what was online in the listings. Truck serial numbers did not match the lot numbers or event numbers posted on the windshield, event numbers were transposed (is it supposed to be 4687 or 4678?), photos don't match the trucks, etc. I don't know how anybody is supposed to have any clue as to what they'll actually be bidding on or even what they'll actually receive when they go pickup their trucks. Lots of room for improvement here. On the positive side though, all of the personnel there were extra friendly and helpful! Thanks for letting me rant!

TexRdnec

just have to go by the dash plate.

i had somebody take a look at one i won and they said it had a completely different set of #s on the windshield than the auction

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Buyer beware I say...there have been prior posts where fellers bid on a truck they had viewed and knew to be a good one...but the one they won was a total POS.

Just my humble warning:-D

Nonotagain

Call the GL location and explain to them what you observed.

I was bidding on a truck out of Richmond a few months back that the item description stated M35a2 while the photos showed a M35a3 truck.

I got cold feet when the prices started getting higher than I wanted to pay if it turned out that the pics were wrong and the item description was correct.

I called the GL site rep and an hour later the auction was cancelled. Turned out that the truck was an a3 not an a2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks