• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to find history and information on a trailer, M10577

1Iceman

Hello everyone! Today I purchased a trailer, seems to be M103 chassis, but it is really a oddball trailer. I've searched the threads here, as well as google, and nothing has come up about it. The data plate is marked M10577, marked "Laundry, Mobile, Two-Trailer type". Government stock number 66-T-9230, TM 10-1680.

It is just the base trailer, none of the laundry machinery is still attached. Re-condition date of 1964. By doing a search of the TM I found a field manual for laundering operations, that references the TM for PMCS'ing the trailer equipment, http://www.cgsc.edu/carl/docrepository/FM10_16_1950.pdf

Is this a rare find? Is this compatible with M105 parts, the jack in particular?

Thanks in advance!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post a picture or two.

1Iceman

1.jpg25.jpg34.jpg29.jpg28.jpg32.jpg27.jpg36.jpg26.jpg35.jpg
Here are some quick pictures. Again, it's just the base trailer, none of the laundering equipment. Pictures are as-purchased, nothing done to it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, I have that exact same trailer. The only thing I could ever find on it is this listing in TM9-2800. The chassis has more in common with the WWII Ben Hur 1 ton trailer than the M105s. I installed a modern jack on it.

Attachments

1Iceman

Thanks! It's nice to actually see a picture of it. I'm going to modify mine for my own needs. Does yours have the laundry machinery on it, or just a flat deck?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! It's nice to actually see a picture of it. I'm going to modify mine for my own needs. Does yours have the laundry machinery on it, or just a flat deck?
Nope, mine has the equipment stripped as usual. I get the impression that surplus buyers scrapped the useless laundry equipment back then just like they do now.

Gimpy found the correct manual, never knew that one trailer was the "washer" and the other the "dryer".

1Iceman

I had that FM listed in my original post, I can't find a TM for it however. I see the picture NDT posted must be the alternate of mine, I don't see the vertical plates on the front and rear of the deck, almost like it should have small stands as outriggers.