• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to identify a part

check6

I own a 84 M1009 that I have running nicely.

I have a cracked/broken cover on the transfer case/shift lever.
(Inside center front of vechicle). It's the cover that surrounds
the shift lever that puts you from 2wd to 4wd drive.

Anyone know what this cover is called.
I've been looking on the LMC parts site and can't find it.

Thanks for the help.

Jetnoise400

To the best of my ability, I couldn't find one at LMC. I believe it's called a "shifter console" or some such thing. I know exactly what you're talking about. Mine was busted up too. I wound up finding one in good shape at a salvage yard for like 10 bucks. After a good cleaning it looked pretty good.

I've seen them turn up on eBay too. Good Luck!

mangus580

email brian... admin at brtruckparts dot com

I bet he can help you out. he is on the site here too, but doesnt visit often ( mudobber40 I think)

check6

Jetnoise400 said:
To the best of my ability, I couldn't find one at LMC. I believe it's called a "shifter console" or some such thing. I know exactly what you're talking about. Mine was busted up too. I wound up finding one in good shape at a salvage yard for like 10 bucks. After a good cleaning it looked pretty good.

I've seen them turn up on eBay too. Good Luck!
Thanks for the info Jet, I pretty much figured I would have to do some scrapyarding.

muddobber40

mangus580 said:
email brian... admin at brtruckparts dot com

I bet he can help you out. he is on the site here too, but doesnt visit often ( mudobber40 I think)
I visit all the time..i just don't log in most of the time...also...on the covers I have around 20 good ones.

mangus580

See.... I knew he had them!

rofl

BTW brian, if you run accross a good rear window crank handle for the 1009, I am still looking for one.