• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tubes for 395/85r20 tires

highcountry

What size tubes work for 395/85r20 xml tires. For some reason I can't find tubes in that size, so will 14.00r20 or 16.00r20 tubes work?

Thanks for any advice anyone has!

Alredneck

Banned
Oh yea, one more thing, when you are putting them together, air them up to get situated but then dont forget to take air outso that you will be able to get the split ring back on. and the rim and tire will have to be eleveted off the ground somehow ( blocks, etc ) Stand on the tire as you work the ring on around so that its easier to get back on. ( check out the APoc ready to plunder n pillage thread for more info! )

highcountry

So sounds like the 13.00/14.00r20 tubes are the best to use? That is nice, those 16.00 r20 tubes are bit spendy.

I am lucky to have the wheels with the bold on rings rather than the snap in lock ring style so assembly should be straight forward. Any thoughts on why a 1953 M35 gasser would have these rims?

Alredneck

Banned
My guess old school combat rims, not sure if original but maybe from a M135 / M211 some of the better history buffs maybe able to enlighten you on this one!:roll:

monkeythumbs

I just had G20's installed on stock duece rims and used Firestone Tubes. I got them from Tires Unlimited in Dayton, Ohio, they cost 33.24/pc+tax. The item # is 1EK69, Description on the invoice is" 1100/1200/1380/1480R20 RADTBE TR44 ". Their phone number is 1-800-227-3941, don't know if they have a website or would even ship them. It was the cheapest/most convient place for myself to get tubes. Hope this helps someone.

Winkster

I have Michelin G-20 XL's on my M35. Tire size 15.5/80R20. The "Firestone radial tube TR444" is the correct part number used to search pricing. I am getting mine from ebay. Off brand tubes as low as 25.00. Firestone brand is 30-45.00 on ebay. Amazon wanted 70.00 ea. and yes, your post was extremely helpful!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks