• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tucson/Red Rocks Lot Exceptionally Unreliable!!!

Jayhawk#44

These guys in Tucson are complete jokers. Took a couple of hours off work this morning for a pickup, 100
+ miles one way. 0700 -14:30 M-F...Right..... No shot, I get there and there's a hand written note on the fence "Open at 8:30". This, after having GP verify with George (the alternate attendant, He is actually at their Davis Monthan AFB site), I called George personally as well on the day prior "yep, opens at 0700", GP paperwork all says 0700, pickup support called the site and verified 0700 as well. I took pics documenting everything and departed as I had a work meeting back in Phoenix at 1000 I could not miss.

PXL_20220309_141303922.jpg
PXL_20220309_141313031.jpg
I've made several attempts to pickup at this site only to be denied because they were closed during their posted and GP verified hours or will not answer the phone. Tried on 3 March, during posted hours, called the number, got George again, not open, he was in Mexico... Brandon Hayduke is the actual Tucson/Red Rocks manager, I don't have his number or I'd be chewing his a$$.

I've been trying to get this item since the end of November. GP pickup support reversed the abandonment since they keep screwing up things preventing my pickup. The first attempt I took 3 days off, GP says they're open that whole time. So I call, and call, and call, and call, and on the 3rd day they finally answer. Nope not open for another week as they were moving to the new lot. GP pickup support was blissfully ignorant that the lot was closed for an entire week. Then they close for a month....

They are considering my proposal that they have the item delivered to me at their expense.

My recent pickup in North Las Vegas was flawless. From initial contact to a USMC Recruiting flight simulator on my trailer was 20 minutes. Awesome! Same at Texarkana, TX lot, driver showed, release form in hand, MEP-803a loaded and gone.

I'm not sure I can buy anything in Tucson after this, and they have several things I'm watching.

Later,

Matt

Jayhawk#44

Oh, for that problem you need to use the master key.
Apparently thats what it takes, and I've got plenty of those!

Then this very AM I get the final 60 day abandonment notice email. Adding insult to injury! I copied that and sent it to my customer service rep, Chelsie, that is attempting to fix this mess. She's been pretty responsive so I'm hopeful.

Brandon the boss at the Tucson lot is out of town so the lot attendant took it upon himself to change the opening time to 0830 from 0700 costing me fuel and time.

Later,

Matt

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah their service sucks sometimes , but only allowing 3 hours from when they open until
your meeting with loading and a 100 mile ride back to the meeting ,I don't think it all falls on GP.
What were your plans for a breakdown suck as a blown tire ?

Jayhawk#44

Yeah their service sucks sometimes , but only allowing 3 hours from when they open until
your meeting with loading and a 100 mile ride back to the meeting ,I don't think it all falls on GP.
What were your plans for a breakdown suck as a blown tire ?
I have an email from GP Customer Service who called the site the day before confirming 0700, and I called the site manager (forwarded to the alternate) who assured me the attendant would be there and they would be open at 0700. GP wanted me to pick it up ASAP so I carved out time to get it done based on their assurance the site was open.

I had no reason to expect any problems with that drive, nor did I have any. 3 hours was plenty of time for that run. They just have to hold up their end of the bargain. I can't sit around waiting on fools to sleep in, rolling into work late because the boss is out of town! My standards are too high apparently.

This is at least the 3rd time they've not been open when stated they were open.

Later,

Matt

Jayhawk#44

GP Customer service emailed back. Not shipping it to me, I can either pick up or they will re-list it. I agreed to pick up, but only when the site manager calls me to set up a time when he is present.

I also asked GP reimburse me at the federal mileage rate for my wasted trip. 158 miles round trip, I felt that was a reasonable request. I'm sure they won't do squat, but its worth asking.

I get it, it is a surplus/salvage lot, maybe my expectations of their reliability are too high. If I slack people die, likely including me, so I have little tolerance for slackers who lack professionalism!

I wish they would run Tuesday - Saturday. I feel that would be good for their business, certainly would be easier for me to pickup!

Later,

Matt

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The yard manager Brandon is even worse. The other guy was his dad and they don't show up when they are suppose to. Ever. He took it upon himself to have a wheel loader moved from it's listed yard in Phoenix at a national guard unit to the yard in Tuscon but didn't tell anyone but wanted the transport bill paid. He moved it cause it was the only thing at that Phoenix location and it wasn't convenient for him.

He ate the transport cost in the long run.

Jayhawk#44

The yard manager Brandon is even worse. The other guy was his dad and they don't show up when they are suppose to. Ever. He took it upon himself to have a wheel loader moved from it's listed yard in Phoenix at a national guard unit to the yard in Tuscon but didn't tell anyone but wanted the transport bill paid. He moved it cause it was the only thing at that Phoenix location and it wasn't convenient for him.

He ate the transport cost in the long run.
Not what I wanted to hear! Sucks because there are a lot of items in Tucson I'm interested in. Sad that GP puts up with such incompetency. I've been quite a thorn in GP's side on this one.

Hopefully they make changes in Tucson!

Later,

Matt

Jayhawk#44

GP basically told me to pound sand and either pick it up or abandon it. Even went so far as to tell me I should have waited around for their dead beat lot attendant to show up 1.5 hours late. I'm not waiting an hour and a half for anyones dead a$$.

I like this stuff but GP may have pushed me out just as I was getting started.

Later,

Matt

Jayhawk#44

They ask when I can pickup the item. No problem, I'll pick it up Monday.

Not good enough, abandoned, and relisted with me as the seller. WTF!!! GP is a joke, all because their lot in Tucson just opens and closes whenever it wants. GP say their open, call the lot attendant, nope not open. GP email, GP customer service calls and verifies their open, I call and verify they're open; I show up, nope not open.

GP tells me I should have waited around for 1.5 hours for the lot attendant to show up.

Beware when buying any item at the Tucson/Red Rocks GP lot! It is a complete joke of an operation.

Now I'm selling this stupid thing!

GP needs to fix their Tucson operation.

GP customer service apparently never heard "The customer is always right".

Last edited:

Jayhawk#44

So, apparently I sold my AC unit today to someone from Colorado. I'm just glad to be rid of this problem. Hopefully the buyer has better luck than I with the Tucson/Red Rocks lot.

Of course, I'm too stupid, bought 4 hydraulic oil tanks today, cheap. I'll just take an entire day off, hopefully they are open when I show.

Later,

Matt

Jayhawk#44

Middle boy made the run to Red Rocks in the middle of a working day. Lot was open, super easy pickup. Hopefully they've fixed things.

Later,

Matt
I spoke too soon. Won a 3 piece ground rod set for $50. Paid, called GP, they gave me the hours and assured me that they were open the following Tuesday (this past Tuesday 12/13/2022) and gave me Marcos the lot attendant's cell number. I called Marcos, confirmed the hours, confirmed that they were open on Tuesday, confirmed that he would be there Tuesday at 0930. He confirmed everything.

Wife made the run and was greeted with a locked gate at 0930. While she was waiting for me to call Marcos and GP fat guy walks up and shimmies out the gate intending to walk somewhere and trying to ignore my wife.rofl:recovry4x4: Good luck with that, especially when she's pissed. Did i mention she is 6'4" and intimidates the F#@& out of lesser beings?

He tries to tell her they're closed for the day. Long story shot she got the ground rods. The foreman (Brandon?) chastised her for coming on a day they are closed.

And I quote, "I have never seen such a s&!# show of an operation in all my life!" She doesn't cuss, so thats saying something!

I fail to understand how GP has such different operations. N Las Vegas, totally professional, in out, done, and they even treat you nicely. Tucson/Red Rocks, totally unreliable and treat the customer poorly. This is the 4th time we have encountered Tucson/Red Rocks being closed when GP thinks they are open. Buyer beware, and call day of before making the run to Tucson!!!

Later,

Matt

Rock Chalk and Merry Christmas!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks