• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tulsa Winch Parts

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have truck with a Tulsa Winch, it looks alot like a Garwood, which made me wonder if the parts interchange?

Thanks,
Ed

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a 45,000lb tulsa that came from the back of a 5-ton wrecker. It is made very similar. I doubt parts will interchange though.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Is there a source for seals?, this winch has a rebuild tag of 9/67 at TEAD Utah. . .
it's gonna need to be torn down and reuilt I suspect, as it won't hold oil.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this winch mounted on the front of the truck? Did it come from the military with the Tulsa winch? Seems very odd to me as all of the M35 winch trucks I have ever seen or been told about had the Garwood. Could have been built to the same specs as the Garwood and they might interchange kind of like engines. The engines were made by three different people but the parts will interchange. I would say the only way to know for sure would be to compare them side by side.

Sometimes you can get the numbers off the seals or you can measure I.D. and O.D. of the seals and pick them up at any good parts store.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yeah, it's on the front, yes it came from Ft Riley and it's a 54Reo converted to a multifuel. Outwardly, the winch looks just like a Garwood, but on the drivers side end plate it has raised lettering that says Tulsa Winch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks