• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo and aftermarket A/C in 1008/1009????

andytk5

Didn't see any specific threads related to this. One with a 92 turbo set going on a 1031 but no pics. I was just wondering with the NAP a/c kit or others if you can have the turbo and a/c, cake and eat it too????

Maybe a different bracket to move the alt or the a/c condensor around?

southdave

It has been done...there are threads out there. I have 1009 I moved the batteries to the rear cargo bay and back feed the batteries though the radio bus bar. I also ran 8 ga wire from there to feed the 12v crap. I havn't had a chance to do it yet I am swaping out the bus feed from the front to the rear bus with some big ass welding leads as soon as I get some lugs. This freed up alot room to mount the air box for the air conditioner and the turbo

Attachments

darkserra

NAP A/C kit

I'm in the middle of installing the NAP A/C kit right now. I can say it is an experience!!

Due to problems with their supplier, NAP has taken the CUCV kit off of their website. They sent me the combined heater/evaporator/defroster unit in place of the add-on a/c only evaporator. This required me to remove the stock heater core and route the a/c & heater hoses through the heater core holes in the firewall.

The NAP kit doesn't require moving anything (as of yet) as the compressor fits down in the space between the passenger side of the engine and the wheel-wheel. The kit has 3 brackets that attach to the holes where passenger alternator brackets attach and they include all the spacers, nuts and longer bolts for this so the new brackets fit with the existing alternator brackets and mount the compressor just above the engine well.

The kit also has a pulley that fits just inside the camshaft pulley. Just remove the camshaft pulley, insert the spacer inside c/s pulley, attach the new a/c pulley and then run the longer bolts through the a/c pulley, spacer and c/s pulley into the engine.

The only part I've identified I'll need is a cable to control the defroster/vent flaps in the evaporator, but it's not suprising as the kit wasn't set up to blow through the defroster vents originally.

My biggest headache is going to be routing the the hoses and finding a place to get the a/c hoses crimped once I cut them to the proper length.

You do have to buy your own a/c refrigerant.

Ask if you have any more questions.....

DS

Didn't see any specific threads related to this. One with a 92 turbo set going on a 1031 but no pics. I was just wondering with the NAP a/c kit or others if you can have the turbo and a/c, cake and eat it too????

Maybe a different bracket to move the alt or the a/c condensor around?

southdave

SOUTHDAVE can you post some more pictures? Also which A/C kit did you use? I though moving the batteries would be the best thing to do. Glad to see someone doing it. Thanks for the two pics.
I am out of town right now, be home thursday plannig on posting a bunch then. my new/old windshield with intagreated ant. installed today so I'll have tunes saturday..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks