• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo Muffler

boblester40

Hi ..
Later this year I am going to convert a Non turbo Multifuel to turbo , But i am not sure about something , do the turbo trucks have a muffler ? I have seen lots of people saying they dont but also have seen some pictures that sugest they do ?

Regards
bob

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There were no mufflers installed on M35A2's from the factory that I know of......I put a lot of miles on deuces in Gemany in the early 70's and have a low frequency hearing loss for my trouble.
In a lot of states a turbo is considered a "muffling device" and I have never been pulled over on a noise issue.
I installed a muffler on my naturally aspirated multi-fuel in the M275 and I still have to use my hearing protectors.
Mufflers are a personal preference on most MV's.

zout

WHAT did you say WM - HUH

Only the sissified stick mufflers on their trucks and ruin their originality - just like me.
They were add on's as mentioned above - and if WM could hear you he would tell ya to get very good hearing muff's or get a muffler on it.

I have seen members ride with no mufflers and let em scream (whistle to be more appropriate) but they are wise enough to have hearing devices slapped on their noggins.

WM has enough possum hair laying around he has made a very nice scarf to wrap around his head while he drives. Possum hair is the best decible eliminating component around. He sells them at the GA Rally.