• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo oil return line

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I am hemorrhaging oil from the return line on my turbo. Anyone know the specs of the hose? I tried having it matched locally and wasn't particularly successful.

JDToumanian

NAPA also has silicone hose.... Overkill perhaps but I know I'll never have to replace it. When I told them the hose was for a turbo oil drain line it's what they recommended to stand up to the heat, though I'm sure the regular hose will last for years.

Jon

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Emmado22 and jimk are correct. Jon, the silicone hose you put n WILL fail, very fast. The wrapped hose Bjorn used will be better. If you can find a Stratoflex orAeroquip braided hose, that will do nicely. I used a wrapped, high temp silicone hose from Cummins that is made for the turbo drain. It is a p/n 3818267. It is not inexpensive! But it will last longer than most of us will own the trucks.

Attachments

JDToumanian

Why, Will? What makes your silicone hose better than mine? It's been on there for a year and a half. Surely oil will not dissolve the silicone, and there's no pressure or mechanical stress there... Explicar por favor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks