• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo problems ??

junkyardog

my turbo does not whistle, i also have the smell of fuel in the exhaust that will burn your eyes. a lot of black smoke when i step on the throttle. could that be a turbo problem not mixing enough air with the fuel.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When a turbo goes down you'll get so much smoke comming out of the exhaust you won't be able to see behind you and you'll have no power at all. Is this a multifuel or a Cummins? Sounds like a multifuel with the fuel turned up (maybe too much).

If it will make you feel better it takes about 5 min. to check the turbo. just pull off the intake hose and spin it by hand to make sure it spins freely and there's no loose movement.

joec

And if it doesn't spin the bearing are gone. Just like m16ty has explained. And it should whistle as long as it looks like this. THE ONE IN THE PIC IS A "C" Turbo. If it is the same size all the way up from the bottom it is a "D" turbo.

If it is blowing out alot of smoke then it sounds like the turbo is shot.

Attachments