• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo related question

av8rnik

So i have read through a lot of the posts about turbo installs and need some input. I have just about all the parts i need to get the turbo i have on the engine, but the outstanding item is the air filter. In all the posts i have ready, i haven't really seen any discussion about air filter options. A couple comments but nothing really detailed.

What did people use? How did you tie in the CDRV? Any other input as far as that goes?

THanks!

Dead Reckoning

I used 1 of the 90 degree rubber elbows to a straight section of 4" tube then another 90 elbow, then a stubby peice of 4" tube. This culminated into a 4" K&N filter. Works great and breathes really free. Recently I installed a Pyro, and boost gauge. With the hammer down I read up to 35 lbs of boost with a EGT read of about 1210. As soon as you back out of the throttle it drops substantialy and quickly.

V8Astro

I used 1 of the 90 degree rubber elbows to a straight section of 4" tube then another 90 elbow, then a stubby peice of 4" tube. This culminated into a 4" K&N filter. Works great and breathes really free. Recently I installed a Pyro, and boost gauge. With the hammer down I read up to 35 lbs of boost with a EGT read of about 1210. As soon as you back out of the throttle it drops substantialy and quickly.
Is this on a 6.2/6.5 ? Please tell me you have a Cummins or something

cliffyp

Everything I've read indicates that a stock 6.2/6.5 shouldn't be pushed over 12 psi boost and 1200 egt.

V8Astro

So i have read through a lot of the posts about turbo installs and need some input. I have just about all the parts i need to get the turbo i have on the engine, but the outstanding item is the air filter. In all the posts i have ready, i haven't really seen any discussion about air filter options. A couple comments but nothing really detailed.

What did people use? How did you tie in the CDRV? Any other input as far as that goes?

THanks!
I made an air intake out of PVC pipe from hardware store and stuck a K&N filter on the end. The CDR valve I moved behind the intake where the OE 6.5 fuel filter used to be. I ran the outlet of the CDR in front of the turbo.

Attachments

remote6

I used a ford turbo rubber piece dont know what its called its a 90 degree elbow something like this. Then got a 1 inch pvc 90 degree elbow and cut a hole in the rubber put a pvc nut on it and put the cdr valve right on top and used a auto store cone filter.

Works great so far. Also i did not hook up the cdr valve at first, bad choice ended up blowing the rear main seal just replaced that this week. Pretty sure that was the cause of the blow out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks