• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal issue

timothy1

Ok hope I word this right. I have the led turn signals (trucklite) and brake lights on my truck. Just put em on when I hit my signal switch they just light up but don't blink. Thought it could be a ground issue, but everything is grounded ok. Just to check see if its something diffrent I. Installed a push button switch vs the 3 toggle control I had purchased. Now the lights blink very rapidly. The push button is grounded also. I have read about needing a diode with leds. Can someone tell me why with the 3 lever they stay on and not flash, but with the push button they blink rapidly?

I will continue to also search forum for more answers or possiblities also. Thanks.

ratat98

From what I understand this is a pretty common problem with the turn signals on these vehicles. Mine does this too, but they aren't LED lights. I think a new Flasher Unit will get this problem fixed. ....as for me, I just leave mine on solid...it will get someones attention!

Barrman

Test your solid state blinker box.

Pin “A” to a light bulb which is grounded

Pin”B” to a 24VDC source

Pin “C” to ground

When “B” is connected, the light should blink about 80 times.minute

timothy1

A friend was over we tried swapping out his flasher box and switch and wasn't that. I will try barrman suggestion.

Darwin T

Last edited:

Darwin T

if you have another light try putting it in that spot and if the same thing happens then you can work back from there. i had 3 lights all do the same thing on mine rt front thats how my mechanic found the loose connection to the wiring harness. the harness, blinker switch and blinker box have only been in a couple of years, so everything is pretty new. just pull the rubber covers back and make sure the connections are tight and add some dielectric bulb grease. this will help.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have heard there are two styles of turn signal units and the old style may have trouble with the LEDs.

timothy1

I'm going to check grounds today and report back. As stated its not the box cause we checked that with another truck that has led and working ok on his but not mine

timothy1

Well I am pretty sure I have a ground issue. We went over to the garage this morning. Turned signals on. It just froze this time ans stayed solid when we turned it on with our push button controls. Took about 3 steps and went to start checking wires. Now its all blinking normally. Keep repeat testing and still blinking. So guess we have to way till they act up to chase what the problem is.