• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal switch guard?

papakb

Not necessarily electrical in nature but concerning the turn signal switch itself. I do a bunch of events every year that involve interfacing with the public like "Touch-a-Truck", Veterans Day, and other veteran support activities that have us opening up the trucks to the public to enjoy and learn about them and the one thing I worry about is the turn signal switch. 99.9% of these trucks are immune to public access but the one thing I worry about is the turn signal switch. Kids love to shift it around and I always worry about little fingers getting caught in it. Has anyone come up with a better solution that wrapping it with shrink wrap?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agree with the above post.
One day it will break.

When we do a public event with the helicopters, we no longer allow anyone, kids and adults, to sit in the cockpit seats.
Even when your standing there and telling them not to touch any switches, they would do it anyway.
Finally, after an avionics and a camera control switch turned up broken, is when we stopped letting anyone up front.
The repair bill was almost $1500.

So a quick removal of the turn signal switch should work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks