• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turn signal ?

combat32

My turn signals are not flashing, when I flip the lever either left or right the light comes on solid but no flash. At the connetor for the flasher I used a jumper wire from a to b and got the same thing. Bad flasher unit or what?

TaylorTradingCo

flasher

I think it is the flasher relay. I have had several go bad on me. If you connect power around the relay, it will not blink because you are bypassing the flasher thing that is supposed to make it blink.

Derek Taylor

Flea

I have something similar... The flasher works just fine, but I have to rest my hand on the lever or it just goes out. I think I may have to replace the lever -- no problems with bulbs or wires.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Derek got the explanation right, the only thing I would add is that the flasher is not grounded via the case, but via the "C" wire alone, which must be solidly grounded, usually to one of the mounting bolts.
The new flashers are not good at handling overloads...many posts on this in the past.

dabtl

I was driven crazy by poor grounds. I finally put new bolts, cleaned around the bolt holes, new interior/exterior star washers on each and finally got good grounds all around and the flashing started. Be sure to check the ground on the flasher unit also.

klawrence

My signals would not flash at all, if Jumpered the wires on the plug they would lite up. I replaced the flashe from Saturn Surplus and all is well now.

Chevytruck

i have read a thread recently about a person putting a surge unit on a flasher to end the blowout of their flasher. let me find the thread and i'll post it.:-D

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
does the duece turn signals flash slow, my turn signals flash but real slow, didnt know if that was normal or a sign that something is up?
The flasher operates at a frequency of about 70 to 80 times/sec.

The solid state unit should not change frequency....replace it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks