• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn/Tail Light Problem

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm having an odd, intermittant problem with my 1010 lights. My tail lights have completely stopped working (brake lights still fine) and my turn signals work part of the time. They will even work at different times during the same drive. 4 way flashers still work all the time (so not a bulb issue).

Any ideas? I would almost think ground issue since the turn works some of the time and not others but I'm at a loss as to where to start.

Barrman

Check the connections on the black out selector switch at the dash. Then work you way back to the lights. You are correct that it sounds like a loose ground or wire somewhere. They all go the switches on the dash and figured that is a good place to start.

papakb

It sounds like the master light switch has bit the bullet. There are differences between manufacturers internally and I've found parts don't always interchange between them. I'd suggest trying a new one. Good luck.

Kurt

Crash_AF

Well, if the brake lights and 4 ways are working, then the circuit to the rear is fine. I'd replace the flasher unit (the little can on the fuse box) to solve the flasher problem. There are two flasher cans, one is for the hazards and one is for the turn signals.

On the rear marker lights, that is most likely a ground problem. I don't have a 1010 to advise you on where it is, but you should be able to trace the wires back from the light sockets to find it.

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks