• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Twin in line mufflers for rear dump exhaust?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Currently, the flex on my exhaust pipe broke...and my muffler is not connected....figured if I have to redo it I might as well REALLY redo it.

Any advantage to running 2 mufflers inline....instead of one? I have a spare one...and figured it'd quiet things down...even more so if I plumb the exhaust to the rear..

M934 FYI..

The other option is to move exhaust to the box instead of the cab, which will increase the distance from my ear.... and still run 2 mufflers.

Thoughts?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends on the amount of flow of the mufflers , it could create too much back pressure on the motor and increase motor EGT's.

red

I'm running a single muffler on my deuce with the exhaust exiting behind the rear tires. Can't hear the exhaust over the engine noise anymore.

red

Towards the rear, muffler hangs over the tandems and running a 4" pipe from the turbo. Cruising at 2100rpm I could still hear the whistler turbo some but not nearly as loud.